Amanda-Users

Re: hard disk.

2002-09-09 12:38:38
Subject: Re: hard disk.
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 12:12:05 -0400
On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 05:33:02PM +0200, walter valenti wrote:
> Is possible with AMANDA make a "policy" like:
>
> some day backup on "hard disk";
> one time in the week on "tape device".
>

> It's possible to use AMANDA as it ????

Let me ask Walter's question a different way.

As a non-user of the file;driver, is there already anything
in place to move or copy a specific day's dumps from their
disk location to tape.

I know, I could tar the directory tree containing the dumps :)

BTW Walter, one day's dumps would not help much because many
entries would be incrementals and without the corresponding
level-0's, they would be nearly useless, at least very incomplete.
Perhaps one day a week you should run a different amanda
configuration that does only unrecorded level 0's to tape.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)