Amanda-Users

Re: query/initial setup

2002-08-27 00:32:30
Subject: Re: query/initial setup
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 00:12:40 -0400
Thanks for the input, Gene. Jon LaBadie has been corresponding offlist with many useful suggestions plus some helpful info. It seems that I definitely have hardware compression by default and have to find out how to disable that on my Slackware system, then let amanda do the compression itself. I'll post a summary when/if I get this working like I think it should just so that there is something in the archives for posterity (a la the sunmanagers list)

=G=