Amanda-Users

GNUTAR options

2002-08-21 10:39:37
Subject: GNUTAR options
From: Matthew Boeckman <matthewb AT saepio DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:20:01 -0500
I'm using GNUTAR to backup a few directories that, as a filesystem, are too large for my tapes. This works fine. My question is, what is the best way to pass additional options to tar, namely -h to follow symlinks. I realise the danger that this may cause (symlinking to a dir that is being backed up elsewhere by amanda, etc). I had thought symlinking real tar to a shell script with that option? Something else?

TIA!

--
Matthew Boeckman                        (816) 777-2160
Manager - Systems Integration           Saepio Technologies