Amanda-Users

amandahostsauth failing -- why?

2002-08-20 15:43:40
Subject: amandahostsauth failing -- why?
From: Schlomo Schwartz <l1nuxn1nja AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:33:58 -0700 (PDT)
I'm trying to back up a filesystem on a Red Hat 7.2
linux client, but when I run "amcheck DailySet1", it
gives me this error:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: lin001: [access as amanda not allowed from
amanda AT lin02.foobar DOT com] amandahostsauth failed
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.041 seconds, 1
problem found

I'd read in previous posts that .amandahosts had to
have 600 permissions and a simple change to the
hostname worked for others, but I've tried everything
that I've read to no avail.

I know it's listening and it looks like it should work
on the client.  Here's an entry in the client's
/var/log/secure:

Aug 20 11:26:32 lin001 xinetd[871]: START: amanda
pid=1427 from=10.1.2.201

And I'm getting this on all of my amanda clients.  I'm
sure it's something simple, but can anyone tell me
what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Schlomo