Amanda-Users

Confused, irritated. Small dumpcycle+tapecycle.

2002-08-16 14:20:56
Subject: Confused, irritated. Small dumpcycle+tapecycle.
From: Brian Jonnes <brian AT init.co DOT za>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:59:52 +0200
Howdy,

Have been running amanda for a while now, but I'm really battling to get it
configured right. Almost every day now I have to manually run amflush because
amanda is generating dumps that are too big.

I have a very small (relatively speaking) tapecycle: 7 tapes. I understand
that my dumpcycle should be such that I end up with two full dumps of each
disk per tapecycle. But amanda plans according to days, not runs.

Am I being unreasonable here. I have Travan 4/8 GB tapes and am backing up
around 20GB of data, but each disk is less than 2GB compressed. Should I be
splitting the config?

Arrrgggh!

Regards,

Brian Jonnes
--
Init Systems  -  Linux consulting
031 767-0139    082 769-2320    brian AT init.co DOT za