Amanda-Users

Re: Sun L20 and amanda

2002-08-16 07:56:28
Subject: Re: Sun L20 and amanda
From: Wayne Richards <wrichards AT goodyear DOT com>
To: "Anne M. Hammond" <hammond AT solarz.Colorado DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:27:15 -0400
Anne,

I have a Sun Storedge L40 (two L20s stacked together).  Here are the lines I
had to add to the configuration file for the sgen driver
(/kernel/drv/sgen.conf):
device-type-config-list="library";
inquiry-config-list=    "HP",           "C7200-8000";

The device was originally created under /dev/rmt/scsi.......... something, but
I linked it to /dev/changer to allow mtx to be used with the device
designation.  The device on my system is located at:

/devices/pci@8,700000/scsi@5,1/sgen@0,0:changer

I am running Solaris 8 and DLT8000

Wayne Richards