Amanda-Users

amrecover: Unexpected server end of file

2002-08-14 11:53:30
Subject: amrecover: Unexpected server end of file
From: "Daniel T. Gynn" <dan.gynn AT essensys DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:37:46 -0400
I am getting the amrecover: Unexpected server end of file error when trying to
run the amrecover program.  I looked at the FAQ and tested the IP address and
host names and made sure that they all matched up.  I get this problem for
both client machines and the server machine.  The messages that I get are:

AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on moses.hq.essensys.com ...
220 moses AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2002-08-14)
200 Working date set to 2002-08-14.
200 Working date set to 2002-08-14.
amrecover: Unexpected server end of file

Does anyone have any idea on what else to check?

Thanks,
Dan Gynn

--

Daniel T. Gynn