Amanda-Users

Re: Full system recovery

2002-08-08 13:30:08
Subject: Re: Full system recovery
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Mark Steiger" <mark_steiger AT infinetivity DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:09:18 -0400
On Thursday 08 August 2002 11:09, Mark Steiger wrote:
>Hello.  I'm testing our disaster recovery.  What I'm wondering is
> if there's an easy way to restore every file on a system that's
> changed since the last backup.  Basically, I've reinstalled the
> OS, and now I'd like to update it with whats changed on the
> backup.
>
>I've looked in the archives and don't see anything covering doing
> this via the client.

Do the recovery to a scratch area, then use a file manager to copy
back anything in the recovery thats newer than the main restore.

But this does bring up a question.  When a restore/recover is done,
amanda should ask for, in sequence, a series of tapes so that
amanda does indeed get the newest copy of everything when a restore
is done.

This may not have occured if the restore was done manually via dd
and tar or dump, but the capability is supposedly there.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M