Amanda-Users

taper filemark failure

2002-08-03 02:21:11
Subject: taper filemark failure
From: simos <yahoo AT chinesetearoom DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 23:02:12 -0700 (MST)
Hello all,

I'm trying to run Amanda on SUSE Linux/390 (i.e. Linux on an
IBM mainframe) using attached IBM 3490E tape drives. The tape
drives seem to be working fine at the OS level, since I can
control them using mt, as well as write to and read from them
using tar. I've set the drives to non-rewind mode. I have
configured a tapetype in Amanda with the size of the tapes
(about 2GB - old technology...) and various filemarks from 0
to 1000. However, taper always fails with the error below:

INFO taper tape tape00052 kb 0 fm 0 writing filemark: Invalid argument
FAIL taper bkserver /home/test 20020802 0 [out of tape]

The tapetype program also fails with the same error.

Any ideas on what could be wrong? I' tried both the latest
beta (2.4.3b3) and the latest stable (2.4.2p2) versions
of Amanda, and both give the same error. Any help would
be appreciated.

Regards,

Simos

---

DISK planner bkserver /home/test
START planner date 20020802
INFO planner Adding new disk bkserver:/home/test.
START driver date 20020802
FINISH planner date 20020802
STATS driver startup time 0.335
START taper datestamp 20020802 label tape00052 tape 0
SUCCESS dumper bkserver /home/test 20020802 0 [sec 0.050 kb 260 kps 5151.6
orig-kb 260]
INFO taper tape tape00052 kb 0 fm 0 writing filemark: Invalid argument
FAIL taper bkserver /home/test 20020802 0 [out of tape]
ERROR taper no-tape [[writing filemark: Invalid argument]]
WARNING driver going into degraded mode because of tape error.
FINISH driver date 20020802 time 4.486