Amanda-Users

Re: Garbage in tape restore

2002-08-03 01:17:16
Subject: Re: Garbage in tape restore
From: Terry Koyama <terrykoyama AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 20:59:17 -0700 (PDT)
All,

Finally solved the problem.  It was the SCSI Cable.
Before trying a different SCSI cable, I
transferred the SCSI controller and tape drive to
a Windows 2000 machine.  I updated the firmware
and ran all of its diagnostic tools.  Everything
ran fine.  I even made a few backups with no
problem.  Remember, this was with the original cable.

I then transferred the SCSI controller and tape drive
back to the original Linux machine (with the original
cable.  Still the same problem.  So I asked a
friend to borrow his SCSI cable and poof...it worked!

Thanks,

Terry