Amanda-Users

reporting and labels

2002-08-02 14:03:53
Subject: reporting and labels
From: Scott Sanders <ssanders AT conceptsdirectinc DOT com>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 11:30:30 -0600
Happy friday everyone!

I've got amanda configured and running the way I want now and decided to
print some labels with my backups. I have defined the printer I want the
reports to go to in amanda.conf like so:

dumpuser "amanda"       # the user to run dumps under
printer "cr2rpt"        # which printer backup reports go to

and added the label template to my tapetype definition like so:

define tapetype Ultrium-1 {
    comment "produced by tapetype program"      # taken from amanda.org
archives
    lbl-templ "/usr/local/etc/amanda/Full/3hole.ps"
    length 101376 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 13296 kps
}

the printer (an HP8100) is defined in my hosts file and reachable, the
postscript template is owned by amanda but when I run amdump I now get
an e-mail report with no statistics and nothing is sent to the printer.
The backup proceeds successfully and I get no errors in my logs.

Also I cannot run amreport because it says no log file exists??

Any suggestions?

--
Scott Sanders

Systems Administrator