Amanda-Users

Re: AW: HOWTOs

2002-08-02 03:16:56
Subject: Re: AW: HOWTOs
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Patrick Schumacher" <patrick.schumacher AT de.easynet DOT net>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 02:58:22 -0400
On Friday 02 August 2002 02:26, Patrick Schumacher wrote:
> [...]

We really do try to be helpfull here. OTOH, we also assume that the
user can read, and should have availed him(her)self of the
available docs, which by way of attempting to be 'universal' docs,
will almost always fail because of amandas versatility, but instead
they furnish only a very basic outline and not one thats specific
to the exact machine/OS on that machine.

Sometimes we even play dumb because only if the user looks it up and
makes it work by himself, will he/she have learned enough to cover
a similar problem in the "real world" (TM) 6 months on down the
log.  We aren't trying to be a bunch of Smart-a**es very often, but
we *might* nag one to learn something if they (or we) can.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M