ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Dedupe and Storage Volumes not being "empty"

2018-04-20 10:23:30
Subject: [ADSM-L] Dedupe and Storage Volumes not being "empty"
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 10:22:15 -0400
I am still fairly new to dedupe (never had the need/horsepower) so I am
still stumbling with it.

All ISP servers are RHEL 7.1.7.300.

We have a situation where a storagepool that is deduped, needs to be
emptied.  I have volumes that show something like 20% utilized.  But when I
do a movedata, it fails with messages like:

4/20/2018 9:49:07 AM ANR3246W Process 2496 skipped 755 files on volume
/tsmnfs/000004DC.BFS because the files have been deleted.

When I display the contents of the volume, it shows nothing in it.  Tried
audit volume fix=yes. I tried to delete discarddata=no and it say there is
something still in it?

Reusedelay is 0 so that's not it.  Run expire inventory but still nada.

Since I have never seen this with non-deduped stgpools, I guess it has to
do with dedupe.

What gives? What am I missing?

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator