ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] From TSM server version 7.1.7.100 to version 8.1.1.0

2017-05-10 04:29:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] From TSM server version 7.1.7.100 to version 8.1.1.0
From: "rouzen AT univ.haifa.ac DOT il" <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 08:27:30 +0000
Hi to all

I am now in TSM server version 7.1.7.100 on O.S Windows 2012 64B.

I download the version 8.1.1.0 from passport advantage .

The document said to choose the option INSTALL if moving from version 7.1.7 +
to version 8 +

Here from documentation page: 83

Installing V8.1 and verifying the upgrade To complete the process of upgrading
the server to V8.1, you must install the V8.1 server. Then, verify that the
upgrade was successful by starting the server instance.

I run the INSTALL option but got this error message:

Package IBM Spectrum Protect server is already installed. Only one instance of
this package can be installed.

To install a later version of this package , click OK , then return to Start
page and select Update .

I will open a PMR , but in meantime any advice will be appreciate

Best Regards

Robert Ouzen