ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Protect Storage Pool and Replicate Node Process Issuance

2017-05-09 08:46:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] Protect Storage Pool and Replicate Node Process Issuance
From: David Beardsley <db366 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 12:45:15 +0000
Hello All,
  We are currently in the process of implementing node replication in our
environment.  We have an onsite server onsite, and one about 200 miles away as
our replication target.

Our implementation plan has been to start a "protect stg" for our container
pools in the morning when the majority of our backups are done, allow that to
complete, then later in the day run a "replicate node" command.

This seems like it should work to me, and I started by creating scripts to run
the protect storage pool and been running the replicate node command for a few
days by hand for a few reasons.  But since we have our processes hammered out,
the protect storage pool continued to run without issue, but when the script
issued the "replicate node * " command it crashed the server.

I am curious to see what implementation specs others have or are looking at in
regards to implementing replication.

Now for some details on the instance that experienced the issue, note our
replication server is running the same OS and TSM server version:

Operating systems: Redhat 6.1
TSM server version: 7.1.7.100
Number of nodes: just over 1600
Nodes currently enabled for replication: about 5

Thanks
David Beardsley
Cornell University