ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DR Rebuild please chime in.

2017-04-27 15:29:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] DR Rebuild please chime in.
From: "Plair, Ricky" <rplair AT HEALTHPLAN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:27:27 +0000
All,

Our last DR was a disaster.

Right now,  we do the TSM server to TSM server replication and it works fairly
well but, they have decide we need to fix something that is not broken.

So, the idea is to upgrade to SP 8.1 and install on a zLinux machine. Our
storage is on an IBM V7000, and where we were performing  the TSM replication,
we are trashing that and going to IBM V7000 replicating to V7000.

Now,  the big twist in this is,  we will not have a TSM server at our DR
anymore. The entire primary TSM server will be backed up to the V7000 and
replicated to our V7000 at the DR site.

There is no TSM server at the DR site so, IBM will build us one when we have
our DR exercise and then according to our trusty DB2 guys we should just be
able to break the connection to the Primary TSM server,  do a little DB2 magic
and WOLA the TSM server will be up.

This is my question, if the TSM server is built in DR and the primary TSM
servers database in on the DR V7000,  then that database will still have to be
restore to the TSM server. You're not going to be able to just bring it up
because its DB2 and point to the TSM server and it work, right?

Please let me know your thought's. I know I have left a lot of details out but
I'm just trying to get some views. If you need more information I will be happy
to provide it.

I appreciate your time.

Ricky M. Plair
Storage Engineer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information and/or Protected Health Information (PHI) subject to
protection under the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (HIPAA). If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any
use, disclosure, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy all copies of the original message.