ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.7.1

2017-02-14 14:23:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.7.1
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:22:36 -0500
I agree.  I did not mean to imply I immediately rush out and put on the
patch release if it doesn't address something I am specifically looking
for.  But even that doesn't always work.

For instance, replication is still very problematic. When we first tried
setting up replication under 6.3.5.100, we had constant problems/failures.
I had one server so screwed up after the initial replication, it refused to
run any replication.

Then 6.3.6.000 came out with tons of fixes addressing replication issues,
including a few I had experienced and needed the fix for.  Unfortunately,
after upgrading one server, I was one of the few who starting experiencing
never-ending expiration runs. But replication was better on this server.
Just couldn't run expire inventory.

Now with 7.1.6.3, replication is a lot better.  I can actually run most
replications on a daily basis.  But I still have replications issues /
failures on an almost daily basis that require hand-fixing.

So, yes I am looking at 7.1.7.x in hopes it fixes replication issues I am
seeing, but unless there is a specific fix - I won't rush to install it.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT gmail DOT
com