ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.7.1

2017-02-14 18:05:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 7.1.7.1
From: "Harris, Steven" <steven.harris AT BTFINANCIALGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 23:01:12 +0000
My spin is don’t use any new server feature for 2 years unless you really
cannot do without  it.

New features imply new bugs.  Most TSM shops do not have a true test
environment, and even if they do a lot of these problems only appear when you
have a lot of data.

Example: the dedup corruption bugs that only surfaced after a while.

My 2cents

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin/Consultant