ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SV: [ADSM-L] SV: protect stg + replicate node

2017-01-13 07:45:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] SV: [ADSM-L] SV: protect stg + replicate node
From: Conny Landstedt <conny.landstedt AT SLL DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 12:42:47 +0000
Hi,

Yes, that is possible, we did just that when we went from our old environment
to our new container based.

Our new primary server had container and file storage pools, the secondary
server acting as target for replication only had a container storage pool.

We migrated from our old environment into the file pool since support to
migrate to a container pool was not supported at the time. That file pool was
then replicated using replicate node to our secondary server.

Best regards
Conny Landstedt

*****

On 13.1.2017. 9:17, Conny Landstedt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The same target container pool for both PROTECT STG and REPLICATE
> NODE, otherwise the whole concept of combining them fails.
>
> This IBM Technote goes further into the matter
> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21978041
>
> Best regards Conny Landstedt

Hi,
and thank you for the link.

The following is clearly stated in that IBM Technote:

"It is perfectly possible to replicate objects from a source container pool to
a target traditional VOLUME based storage pool (such as tape)."

My question - is it possible to replicate the other way around?

>From traditional VOLUME based storage pool as a source to a target container
>pool?

At the moment we are replicating from a traditional VOLUME based storage pool
(DISK and TAPE) to another remote location traditional DISK based storage pool.

But, I would like to replace the target stg pool with the container pool to
save disk space at the remote location.

Thank you.

--
Sasa Drnjevic