ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NDMP backups Restore

2016-09-06 11:26:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NDMP backups Restore
From: "Huebner, Andy" <andy.huebner AT NOVARTIS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 15:23:58 +0000
My understanding is NDMP is a standard for the transport of data, not the
format of the data.  I would not expect an NDMP backup from one vendor to work
on the next vendor.

As an example: NetApp supports compression and does not decompress for the
backup.  They next system would have to understand NetApp compression.

Andy Huebner
SME - Storage and Backups GDC - Fort Worth