ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] AIX rmt devices in a library sharing environment - how do you handle them

2016-07-08 14:59:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] AIX rmt devices in a library sharing environment - how do you handle them
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 14:57:32 -0400
We rename our rmt devices, using a script called tsmchrmt, which uses part of
the wwn and lun_id to rename the rmt device.  That way the same drive has the
same name on all of the AIX systems that have access to it.

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Assistant Director for Storage Services   Fx: 607-255-8521