ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] "Compressed data grew" retries?

2016-06-30 09:20:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] "Compressed data grew" retries?
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:17:59 -0400
You can specify 'compressalways yes', which will prevent the retry.  However,
you then have to live with the fact that the file is expanded in TSM storage.

I believe this problem does not apply to LZ4 compression, introduced with the
latest clients when backing up to a container pool and using dedup.

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Assistant Director for Storage Services   Fx: 607-255-8521