ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] "Compressed data grew" retries?

2016-06-30 09:33:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] "Compressed data grew" retries?
From: Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 09:31:17 -0400
The client is 7.1 but our servers are still at 6.3.  Also I had to switch
to a storage server that does not have dedup on it as that slows the WAN
transfer way down (I only get about 20% network utilization when data is
being deduped, regardless of the RESOURCEUTILIZATION setting).  I am also
noticing "Retry 1" and "Retry 2" so maybe the data is being sent three
times over the wire for these files?  With many compression schemes a file
that is already compressed only grows a very small amount when you compress
it so I don't see the purpose of resending it twice over the wire.  I will
try the compressalways yes setting but hopefully that won't override the
exclusions I have set up for common compressed files.