ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore Individual File from NDMP COPYPOOL

2016-05-12 10:58:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore Individual File from NDMP COPYPOOL
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 10:56:31 -0400
Dumb question but is the copypool tape marked as offsite/offline (I know
all of my offsite tapes are marked as such)

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Plair, Ricky <rplair AT healthplan DOT com>
wrote:

> HELP PLEASE!
>
> I have an EMC Ision that I'm backing up with TSM 7.1.10.
>
> Using TSM I can restore a file back to the Isilon, with no problem.
>
> My problem is, if I take the tape media that TSM used during the
> successful restore to the Isilon from the primary pool and change it
> unavailable, TSM should call on the tape media from the copy pool, right?
>
> The restore fails with media not available.
>
> We are backing up the Isilon with data movers straight to tape with
> schedules on the TSM server. We are not using EMC Backup Accelerator.
>
> I appreciate any help I can get.
>

> Ricky M. Plair
> Storage Engineer
> HealthPlan Services
> Office: 813 289 1000 Ext 2273
> Mobile: 813 357 9673
>

> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is
> and privileged information and/or Protected Health Information (PHI)
> subject to protection under the law, including the Health Insurance
> Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (HIPAA). If you are
> not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the
> email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
> email in error and that any use, disclosure, distribution, forwarding,
> printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and

*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Xymon Monitor Administrator
VMware Administrator (in training)