ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Client upgrade on AIX

2016-04-27 09:47:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Client upgrade on AIX
From: "Pagnotta, Pamela (CONTR)" <Pamela.Pagnotta AT HQ.DOE DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 13:44:54 +0000
Hello,

Recently one of our AIX administrators upgraded the TSM client to 7.1.4.4 on
her servers. Many of them started receiving errors like

calloc() failed: Size 31496 File ../mem/mempool.cpp Line 1092

I looked this up and the indication is that the AIX server could not supply
enough memory to TSM to complete the backup. We opened a ticket and were told
to try memoryefficientbackup with diskcachemethod. This did not fix the issue.

In frustration the administrator reinstalled a TSM client version of 6.4.2.0
and is no longer experiencing the memory problems.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Pam

Pam Pagnotta