ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Manual db2 online reorg for ver.6.3

2016-04-27 08:55:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Manual db2 online reorg for ver.6.3
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 07:53:00 -0500
The TSM 6.3 reorganization server option default values are appropriate
most (but not all) of the time. In this environment the default values are
not optimal and you should continue to use the current values for the
reorganization server options.

Thank you,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/26/2016
06:55:50 AM:

> From: Krzysztof Przygoda <przygod AT GMAIL DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 04/26/2016 06:56 AM
> Subject: Re: Manual db2 online reorg for ver.6.3
>
> Thank you Del for clarification.
> Now its getting strange after:
> "With Spectrum Protect server version 6.3, IBM does not recommend online
> reorganization on

BF_AGGREGATED_BITFILES,BF_BITFILE_EXTENTS,BACKUP_OBJECTS,ARCHIVE_OBJECTS"

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21683633#online_index
> > IBM was trying to discuss the improvements that have been made to the
on
> > line index reorganization initiated by the Spectrum Protect server. It
was
> > not IBM's intention to recommend that the above DB2 commands be
executed
> > outside of the Spectrum Protect server. Except for some exceptional
case
> > on line reorganization should only be initiated by the Spectrum
Protect