ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Manual db2 online reorg for ver.6.3

2016-04-25 11:13:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Manual db2 online reorg for ver.6.3
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 10:09:21 -0500
In
   http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21683633#online_index
IBM was trying to discuss the improvements that have been made to the on
line index reorganization initiated by the Spectrum Protect server. It was
not IBM's intention to recommend that the above DB2 commands be executed
outside of the Spectrum Protect server. Except for some exceptional case
on line reorganization should only be initiated by the Spectrum Protect
server.

For Spectrum Protect server version 6.3, IBM recommends upgrading to at
least version 6.3.5.000 which will allow the use of this server option
   DISABLEREORGINDEX
the default value for DISABLEREORGINDEX is
BF_AGGREGATED_BITFILES,BF_BITFILE_EXTENTS,BACKUP_OBJECTS,ARCHIVE_OBJECTS

With Spectrum Protect server version 6.3, IBM does not recommend on line
index reorganization on
BF_AGGREGATED_BITFILES,BF_BITFILE_EXTENTS,BACKUP_OBJECTS,ARCHIVE_OBJECTS

IBM will clarify the information and update the technote.

Thank you,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 04/25/2016
06:34:58 AM: