ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE (DP for VMware on Linux)

2016-04-13 10:58:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for VE (DP for VMware on Linux)
From: Jeanne Bruno <JBruno AT CENHUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 14:55:28 +0000
Hello.  We use VEEAM to backup our VM's, but I had to ask our VM guy because
when you mentioned that the GUI is not available in your VMWare environment.

For the GUI, he is suggesting (and this is if we are understanding your
GUI/VMWare statement correctly):

Then something isn't setup right.

The first question that comes to mind, is do they even have vCenter?

If not... you're not installing the plugin. The plugin needs to tie into the
central management for the cluster.

If they do have a vCenter server whether it's windows or the VMware appliance,
then yes there is a GUI available.

Try to get to the https://vcenter-servername:9443 - if it's not coming up,
there's a misconfigured firewall on the Windows box OR a firewall/network ACL
blocking access to those ports on the VMware appliance.