ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Fixing level for ASNODENAME vulnerability

2016-02-26 20:37:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Fixing level for ASNODENAME vulnerability
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 20:35:44 -0500
I was able to get some more details. Here they are:

======================================

The problem is that all client sessions which use ASNODENAME
and have authority to use ASNODENAME, will run as
authorized sessions. According to the doc, sessions using ASNODENAME
must be run as authorized sessions.  If a client has
proxy authority against another node, then without the fix
- ASNODENAME sessions always run as authorized
for access to that node;  The problem doesn't apply to Windows.

6.3.5.110 is a cumulative e-fix on top of 6.3.5.1.
Service is aware of these levels.  Cumulative e-fixes are not
specifically available for download.
As the APAR ( IT13609 ) states, the official fixes
are in 6.3.6 and 7.1.4.

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/25/2016
07:04:36 AM: