ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] When can too many disk volumes be detrimental

2016-01-28 13:45:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] When can too many disk volumes be detrimental
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:43:23 -0500
Mike,

Thanks, again.  Very helpful.  So, did I understand your earlier
statement/comment that you disagree with "*Set the LVM read-ahead to 0 for
all logical volumes on disk systems that provide adaptive read-ahead
capabilities, for example, enterprise-type disk systems.*"

I also read the statement "*For the Tivoli Storage Manager database and
logs, use the ext3 file system.*"   Whats up with that?  They explain why
you should use ext4 for the storage volumes but no details on ext3 for
DB/logs?

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Ryder, Michael S <michael_s.ryder AT roche DOT
com