ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP Node Replication - active only

2015-08-17 16:32:44
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP Node Replication - active only
From: "Nixon, Charles D. (David)" <cdnixon AT CARILIONCLINIC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 20:28:33 +0000
We have been using node replication for a couple years now with out a problem
on 6.3.x.  We only replicate active data.  Two weeks ago we upgraded our
destination system to 7.1.1.100 and last week one of our source systems.  That
was Tuesday.  Thursday/Friday all of the TDP for SQL nodes started sending full
backups where the occupancy on each side is the same except we have a 7 day
retention on the source.  To my knowledge: nothing was changed later in the
week, everything is set to replicate active data only, only the TDP nodes seem
to be impacted.  Any ideas?  I have opened a ticket but IBM's slow to respond...

source config <truncated>:

q status
Default Replication Rule for Archive: ALL_DATA
Default Replication Rule for Backup: ACTIVE_DATA
Default Replication Rule for Space Management: ALL_DATA

tsm: TSMPRD02>q copy tdpsql f=d
Policy Domain Name: TDPSQL
Policy Set Name: ACTIVE
Mgmt Class Name: TDPSQL_MC
Copy Group Name: STANDARD
Copy Group Type: Backup
Versions Data Exists: No Limit
Versions Data Deleted: No Limit
Retain Extra Versions: 7
Retain Only Version: 7
Copy Mode: Modified
Copy Serialization: Shared Dynamic
Copy Frequency: 0
Copy Destination: FP01
Table of Contents (TOC) Destination:
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
Last Update Date/Time: 12/24/1309:36:43
Managing profile:
Changes Pending: No

q node <sample node>
Backup Replication Rule: DEFAULT
Archive Replication Rule: DEFAULT
Space Management Replication Rule: DEFAULT

q file <sample node>
Backup Replication Rule Name: DEFAULT
Backup Replication Rule State: Enabled
Archive Replication Rule Name: DEFAULT
Archive Replication Rule State: Enabled
Space Management Replication Rule Name: DEFAULT
Space Management Replication Rule State: Enabled

David Nixon
System Programmer II, Enterprise Storage Team
Carilion Clinic | 451 Kimball Avenue | Roanoke, VA 24016
540.224.3903 (Work)
540.525.8000 (Mobile)

________________________________

Notice: The information and attachment(s) contained in this communication are
intended for the addressee only, and may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. If you have received this communication in error, please contact
the sender immediately, and delete this communication from any computer or
network system. Any interception, review, printing, copying, re-transmission,
dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action upon this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited
by law and may subject them to criminal or civil liability. Carilion Clinic
shall not be liable for the improper and/or incomplete transmission of the
information contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt.