ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Policy Domains and Config Management

2015-08-18 08:32:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Policy Domains and Config Management
From: Henrik Ahlgren <pablo AT SEESTIETO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 15:30:49 +0300
On Thu, Jun 25, 2015, at 09:39 PM, Rick Adamson wrote:

> "ANR3350W Locally defined domain SQL_DOMAIN contains at least one node
> and cannot be replaced with a definition from the configuration manager."
>
> As per the admin guide I perform these steps:
>
> 1.       Copy the domain.
>
> 2.       Move all clients assigned to the original domain to the copied
> domain.
>
> 3.       Trigger a configuration refresh.
>
> 4.       Activate the appropriate policy set in the new, managed policy
> domain.
>
> 5.       Move all clients back to the original domain, which is now
> managed.
>
> I confirm that after the configuration refresh in step 3 above that the
> SQL_DOMAIN was updated successfully by $$CONFIG_MANAGER$$.
>
> After activating the policy and moving the client back I attempt to
> refresh the policy domain again and receive the same error:
> "ANR3350W Locally defined domain SQL_DOMAIN contains at least one node
> and cannot be replaced with a definition from the configuration manager."
>
> I even tried deleting the original domain on the managed server, same
> results.

Have you tried creating the domain with a different name?

I've observed the same behavior with older TSM server versions, too.
It's quite confusing, and the admin guide lacks detail on how this
should work exactly. You said that you've had better luck in the past;
can you remember what TSM version it was and how was the setup
different? Did you just create a new policy from the scratch without any
nodes assigned to them?

If there are many domains giving ANR3350W, is it necessary to clear all
of them from nodes in one go instead of doing it one by one? Also, are
you supposed to manually activate changed policies in managed servers
manually each time the policy is changed or can it be somehow automated?