ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] finding possible values for a particular column

2015-04-09 13:16:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] finding possible values for a particular column
From: "Hanover, Cameron" <chanover AT UMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 13:14:47 -0400
Rather than figure out all the possible conditions, I just scripted for the
ones I cared about and warned on the rest:

for STATUS in `tsm_run_command_as_admin $INSTANCE -tab "select status from
events where domain_name like upper('${PREFIX}%') and
scheduled_start>'${yesterday} 09:00' and scheduled_start<'${today} 09:00'"`; do
        if [[ "$STATUS" == Failed* ]]; then
                NODESFAILED="YES"
        elif [ "$STATUS" = "Missed" ]; then
                NODESMISSED="YES"
        # Some unknown exception will produce a "WARNING"
        elif [ ! "$STATUS" = "Completed" ] && [ ! "$STATUS" = "In Progress" ]
&& [ ! "$STATUS" = "Started" ] && [ ! "$STATUS" = "Pending" ]; then
                EXCEPTIONFOUND="YES"
        fi
done
…
if [ "$NODESFAILED" = "YES" ]; then
        SUBJECT="[TSMCLIENT] NODES FAILED: $LABEL Daily Report"
elif [ "$NODESMISSED" = "YES" ]; then
        SUBJECT="[TSMCLIENT] NODES MISSED: $LABEL Daily Report"
elif [ "$EXCEPTIONFOUND" = "YES" ]; then
        SUBJECT="[TSMCLIENT] WARNING: $LABEL Daily Report"
else
        SUBJECT="[TSMCLIENT] $LABEL Daily Report"
fi

Hopefully the variable names are obvious.  Might have been better with `case`,
but this works.

--
Cameron Hanover
chanover AT umich DOT edu

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
--Emo Philips