ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] finding possible values for a particular column

2015-04-08 15:30:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] finding possible values for a particular column
From: "Arbogast, Warren K" <warbogas AT IU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 19:28:53 +0000
Gary,
You could start with these: failed, failed - no restart, severed, pending.
Then, find any others by sending the output of a select statement or a macro to
a csv file and sort it by status. The query we run every month is  like this
with the dates updated:

select scheduled_start,domain_name,node_name,status from events where
scheduled_start> '1900-01-01' and scheduled_start>= '2015-04-01' and
scheduled_start< '2015-05-01' and domain_name <> ' ' order by scheduled_start

Other status conditions are; In Progress, Started, Future, but they aren’t
really conditions.

For ordinary tables you could run a ‘select unique status from <tablename>’,
but I doubt that will work from the Events table.

Good hunting,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University

On Apr 8, 2015, at 2:55 PM, Lee, Gary <GLEE AT bsu DOT edu<mailto:GLEE AT bsu