ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] NAS storage

2015-03-19 12:50:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] NAS storage
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:48:32 -0700
There's a few options for NAS storage:

1. NDMP - this is fast, but won't leverage TSM's incremental-forever
strategy or include/exlude lists you get with BA client backups. You're
also locked into that vendor's implementation of NDMP, so after a disaster
you'll probably need to procure that vendor's storage.

2. BA client backup over NFS or CIFS. This requires a bit more setup but
gets incremental backups and include/exclude lists, plus doesn't lock you
into that particular vendor's storage.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 04:39:29PM +0000, McWilliams, Eric wrote:
> Can NAS storage be used to back up data?  Can I set up a storage pool on the
> TSM server to back up to NAS like I do SAN?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354