ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Re: TDPO restore of compressed file corrupted

2015-03-12 15:36:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Re: TDPO restore of compressed file corrupted
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 14:34:31 -0500
When the restore had the failed objects, RMAN automatically restored the
necessary objects from the backup of one day earlier, along with all the
additional log backups it needed to bring the finished restore up to the same
point.  The DBAs restore this database from prod to test daily (along with
1-2 TB of other databases), usually without incident.

The activity log had no errors that appeared related to the restore.  It does
have TDPO messages sent back to the server that suggest the requested objects
were restored (ANU2536I, ANU2527I messages).

I believe most of this restore was actually satisfied from the disk pool,
with it hitting tape for only a handful of objects, most of which were likely
for the restore of the day-earlier objects.

Thanks for the suggestions.

=Dave

--
Hello World.                                David Bronder - Systems Architect
Segmentation Fault                                      ITS-EI, Univ. of Iowa