ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] script help

2015-03-12 17:36:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] script help
From: Jeanne Bruno <JBruno AT CENHUD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 21:34:55 +0000
Hello.  Need some help.  I'm trying to create a new script for myself and I
want to get the PROCESS_NUM from the Processes table in a variable.

def script Processes desc="get Process Number"
update script Processes 'declare process processes.PROCESS_NUM%type'
update script Processes 'START:'
update script Processes 'select PROCESS_NUM into process from processes where
PROCESS<>"Identify Duplicates"'
update script Processes 'if (rc_ok) goto ID'
update script Processes 'ID:'
update script Processes "DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('process id=' process)"
update script Processes 'EXIT:'
update script Processes 'exit'

tsm: TSMPOK_SERVER1>update script cancelreps 'declare process
processes.PROCESS_NUM%type'
ANR1469E UPDATE SCRIPT: Command script CANCELREPS, Line 1 is an INVALID command
: declare process processes.PROCESS_NUM%type.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

tsm: TSMPOK_SERVER1>update script cancelreps "DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('process
id=' process)"
ANR2002E Missing closing quote character.
ANR1469E UPDATE SCRIPT: Command script CANCELREPS, Line 20 is an INVALID
command : DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('process id=' process).
ANS8001I Return code 3.

And when I put the word 'process' in quotes (just to get around the quote error
above)....it's an invalid command anyway.

tsm: TSMPOK_SERVER1>update script cancelreps "DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('process')"
ANR1469E UPDATE SCRIPT: Command script CANCELREPS, Line 20 is an INVALID
command : DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('process').
ANS8001I Return code 3.

Are there DB2 equivalents for the 'declare' and 'DBMS_OUTPUT' commands???
I've googled and it looks you can use the commands in DB2, but maybe not for
TSM???

Any input is much appreciated.....

Jeannie Bruno
Senior Systems Analyst
jbruno AT cenhud DOT com<mailto:jbruno AT cenhud DOT com>
Central Hudson Gas & Electric
(845) 486-5780