ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] size of objects in the backups table

2015-02-03 09:34:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] size of objects in the backups table
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 06:32:18 -0800
This has been a frustration for us too. Somehow the client is able to get
this information efficiently, so when I've needed it I've just piped "dsmc
q b -su=yes ina" to some awk/perl to get the information I need. Obviously
this is only good for ad-hoc queries, not for anything that's going to be
done regularly.

In an ideal world, "q occ" would display the active/inactive counts.

On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 02:25:52PM +0000, Rhodes, Richard L. wrote:
> We are on TSM v6.2.5.
>
> We keep running into the normal question that seems to come up when we start
> analyzing our backups.  We can tell the number of active/inactive files from
> the backups table, but not the size, which is in the contents table.  Does
> anyone have a way to get the active/inactive objects and their size without
> killing your system with a massive SQL join?  Maybe some kind of SQL join for
> a specific node.
>
> I just can't believe TSM doesn't provide this info easily from the server!
> (I suppose this belongs under the "Rant" thread!)

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354