ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Ransomware deleted TSM backups from node

2015-02-02 17:57:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Ransomware deleted TSM backups from node
From: Marcel Anthonijsz <marcel AT ANTHONIJSZ DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 23:54:18 +0100
Can Schedule an admin schedule around the Oracle/Notes backup window to
enable/disable BACKDEL=YES/NO.

It is not an ideal situation, but decreases the risk. And if you configured
these nodes with specific nodenames (like you should) the malware could not
get to those clients.
Or they should scan the host for all available TSM OPT files and act from
these...

--
Kind Regards, Groetje,

Marcel Anthonijsz