ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange DAG question

2014-10-12 09:18:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange DAG question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 09:17:50 -0400
Hi Robert,

- You may want to upgrade to DP/Exchange 7.1.1 released last month.
  It adds some nice enhancements when it comes to DAGs.

- There is a new section in the User's Guide with
  pictures and details with it comes to DAGs. Read the
  "Database Availability Group (DAG) backups"
  section here:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSTG2D_7.1.1/com.ibm.itsm.mail.exc.doc/c_dpfcm_bup_replica_exc.html?lang=en

- I also encourage you to read the section titled,
  "Database Availability Group backup guidelines":

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSTG2D_7.1.1/com.ibm.itsm.mail.exc.doc/c_dpe_bup_dag.html?lang=en

As far as your question about filling up the log...
try to schedule your INCREMENTAL backups frequently enough
to never let that happen. If it does, you should try to run
a backup to clear the space, but it's possible that
the Exchange server won't let you do anything until
you clear some space first.

Thank you,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/12/2014
03:12:40 AM: