ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM based encryption

2014-10-03 14:35:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM based encryption
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 18:33:59 +0000
No problems with the export/import.

But,
if you are talking about encryption that is done by the TSM client, it is
encrypted before being sent to the server, and when it's transmitted to the new
server it will still be encrypted.

If you are talking about the TSM server managing encryption being done by tape
drives, when the data is read back the drive will decrypt it, and it will be
transmitted to the new server in non-encrypted form.  Whether it's encrypted on
the target server, depends on whether you are encrypting the target media.