ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Encrypted files and TSM Deduplication on TSM 7.1

2014-09-02 20:30:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Encrypted files and TSM Deduplication on TSM 7.1
From: "Sergio O. Fuentes" <sfuentes AT UMD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 00:28:37 +0000
Thank for your explanation, Andrew.  In trying to architect a new service,
we're having to architect for both deduplicable and non-deduplicable data.
 Encrypted data would generally fall into the non-deduplicable category,
especially if it's 3rd party encryption with no transparent decryption.  I
just needed to understand in what scenarios we would recommend one over
the other.

Thanks!

SF