ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 7.1 on Linux quirk

2014-09-02 22:06:29
Subject: [ADSM-L] 7.1 on Linux quirk
From: "Sergio O. Fuentes" <sfuentes AT UMD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 02:04:30 +0000
Has anyone come across this particular scenario.  I'll be opening a PMR for
this if my troubleshooting doesn't pan out.

I have a Linux 7.1.0.100 server whose dedupe stgpools I'm migrating temporarily
to a NAS array.  I'm mounting the stgpools via NFS3 and granted, I'm mounting
subdirectories of the same export, but that has not been an issue on another
7.1.0.0 server I have.  What I'm noticing is that I start the server in the
foreground:

ssh server
sudo su
su - tsminst1
cd instancedir
/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv

It starts up ok, I get the console and I start a migration TO the NFS stgpool
(hard mounted, sync and intr defined).

After awhile, I close up the terminal with the console in the foreground
(because I have to go home or I log out or whatever).  When I check on the
migration or server later, the server's somewhat responsive, but q stg, q
mount, q proc and other commands are seemingly hanging on the NFS mount.  It
always seems to happen after I close the terminal.  Very odd behavior.  There's
a limitation on NFS backups from TSM clients, but haven't found a similar
limitation on servers.  And ideas?

Thanks!
Sergio