ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server 7.1.0.100 patch - readme MIA?

2014-08-12 14:13:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server 7.1.0.100 patch - readme MIA?
From: Anders Räntilä <Anders AT RANTILA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 18:11:18 +0000
This patch is the first opportunity to test an upgrade using the new
installation manager.  I did two upgrades today and the results are:

TSM 7.1 Windows 200R2 was upgraded using the Installation Manager GUI.  No
problems.

TSM 7.1 Linux was upgraded using console (text) mode.  The installation manager
could not upgrade the instance "tsminst1". It asked me for a password, but did
not accept it.  After some debugging I found that installation manager is
trying to do "ssh tsminst1@localhost" and login using the password given by me.
The password was correct, but sshd was configured to refuse logins using
passwords  (I only allow login using public/private keys).  After I changed
/etc/ssh/sshd_config to allow password logins (PasswordAuthentication yes) the
upgrade went smooth.

What bugs are fixed in this update?  I have no clue!  Where is the README file?

/Anders Räntilä

RÄNKAB - Räntilä Konsult AB
Klippingvägen 23
SE-196 32 Kungsängen