ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server appears to hang

2014-07-16 11:39:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server appears to hang
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:30:35 -0500
Rick,

Take a look at APARs IC99934 & IT02590 (though supposedly only IT02590
applies to 6.2).  Two different issues with similar symptoms; it took close
to 7 months to get both issues identified.  There are still no patch or
maintenance releases with the fixes yet.  If your symptoms seem to match one
of those APARs, you'll need to open a case with support to get a developer
build of your server version with the fix(es) applied.  (If one of these
issues is what you hit, you were quite lucky that the server recovered on its
own!  I had to halt or externally kill the server almost every time.)

=Dave

--
Hello World.                                David Bronder - Systems Architect
Segmentation Fault                                      ITS-EI, Univ. of Iowa