ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM database backup

2014-07-09 08:21:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM database backup
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 05:18:53 -0700
We take two complete backups a day on both of our servers to tape (LTO5
currently) - a FULL that stays onsite, and a SNAPSHOT that gets moved
onsite. We keep these backups for two weeks before recycling them. We
have yet to need them, but tape is cheap so it's worth it.

On 07/09/2014 05:03 AM, Stef Coene wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do you take a backup of the TSM database ?
>
> Before it was DB2, we wrote the backup to disk.  And this backup was written
> with other relevant data (mksysb on AIX) to a remote drive or a simple tape
> streamer.
> We also used usb sticks but they fail very often.    And they are not big
> enough.
> We also use RDX drives and they are much more reliable.
>

> Stef

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354