ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM database backup

2014-07-09 09:35:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM database backup
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 06:33:48 -0700
Remember that everything else you have in TSM is dependent on the database
and, in a disaster that takes out the TSM server, the backups of that
database. Whatever medium you choose, it should be the best-protected of
anything generated by TSM.

If you're low on library capacity, remember that you can safely checkout the
database backups, as long as you keep track of where you place them if you
need them.

While writing to a remote site is an option, I would have a local copy as
well, in case a disaster takes out your link to the remote site.

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 02:37:40PM +0200, Stef Coene wrote:
> Scheduling and taking the backup is not the issue.
>
> It's just that the backup itself is getting too big to write it to disk and/or
> write it to usb stick / remote site / ...

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354