ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM support for NoSQL database

2014-05-29 11:44:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM support for NoSQL database
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 08:42:27 -0700
It seems like this would depend on the NoSQL database in question...

Even if it does not, you have a variety of options:

1. You could backup the files on disk, assuming the DB supports some kind
of write-head logging that allows you to snapshot it safely.

2. You could get some kind of serialized dump out of it, and backup the
dump.

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 03:38:45PM +0000, Ribeiro, Ricardo wrote:
> Hello,
> Does TSM support NoSQL database from a backup/restore point of view?
> I have not been able to find any publications on this.
> Thank you!

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354