ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] compressed file is corrupted and cannot be expanded.

2014-05-09 10:37:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] compressed file is corrupted and cannot be expanded.
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 10:35:03 -0400
Server: Linux 6.3.4.300    Client 7.1.0.2

Doing a large restore and getting hundreds of these messages:

5/9/2014 10:05:47 AM ANE4039E (Session: 65745, Node: MOYA.VCU.EDU)  Error
processing '\\sasemdata\d$\Volume\Communications and
Publications\Public\Staff\Micaela\Backup\Micaela2\Wedding\Printed
Stuff\_WEDDING TO PRESS\RSVP Cards\RSVP single\Document fonts\Cezan':
compressed file is corrupted and cannot be expanded.

Yes I have looked up the message.  Yes, compression is turned on on the
client.  Originally these files were on tape but I did a movedata to disk
to speed up the restore.

Did these files get corrupted somewhere along the way due to some bug?

Is there some way to find out what else might be damaged in my backup pool?
 This makes me question the integrity of all backups that have been
compressed by the client....

I couldn't find any hits via Google other than the message manuals.....

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator