ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Virtual Environments - Self Contained application MS Exchange

2014-05-01 20:36:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Virtual Environments - Self Contained application MS Exchange
From: Harry Redl <harry_redl AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 02:35:46 +0200
Hello Del,

sorry for the confusion - yes, there is a real name of the Exchange VM
in the options file (replaced it to anonymize the output) - it is the VM
name as seen by the vCenter (and it is the same as the hostname in the OS).
As far as I can tell this is not the problem:
1) If this was wrong then it would not even attempt to do the copy (as
it would not "know" this is the correct the target VM - it would look
for VM with real name "<Exchange_VM>" (this very string) and do nothing
with this one)
The other VMs are backed up just fine. If I remove the option, this VM
is backed up - just without the Exchange awareness.
2) This VM had another problem during the first attempt - there were
VMware tools outdated on the machine (well, on all machines - at the
moment) - as we updated the VMware tools on this one (only), the message
changed from "outdated VMtools" to this "ANS9415E ...." Exchange VM was
rebooted after VMware tools update.

Thanks
Harry